Leaving A Google Review
There are a number of ways to find information about a company, including the Google reviews section. They’ve been found to be one of the most popular and reliable forms of feedback from past customers.
When it comes to decisions relating to pretty much anything… We all know that we go through the same steps (browse Google, read listings, check ratings and reviews, etc.) before making a decision. This is applicable in literally ANY situation you can think of. If they don’t have great reviews you’re likely to move on and find someone better. It’s the power of Google reviews!
Taking the time to get positive reviews for your business shows your customers that you care about them. It also helps send a signal of credibility to potential customers, up to 84% of those who trust online reviews trust them as much as personal recommendations from their friends or family.
How to leave a Google Review, Step-by-step
Here’s the process for how to leave a Google Review:
- Open your internet browser
- Search Google for a local business
- Click Write a Review, found by scrolling down on a business’s listing or by clicking on their reviews in Google Maps
- A sign-in box will appear if you’re not signed in; you will need to sign into your Google account to leave a review
- After signing in, you will be given the option to select a certain number of stars for the company and write out details of your experience(s)
- Click Post after selecting a star rating (leaving a description is optional).
How to Leave a Google Review on Mobile
Here’s how to leave a Google review on mobile through Google Maps:
- Sign in to your Google account
- Open the Google Maps app
- Search for the business you want to review
- Scroll down to see the full screen result
- Click on the REVIEWS tab
- Click the number of stars you want to give the business
- Share details of your own experience with the business. They could be positive remarks, negative ones, or both.
- Add photos if you wish
- Click Post